Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Dearest Hayes...

If you are expecting a sappy 2 year old birthday boy post come back later in the week.

Dearest Hayes,

You know I love you. You know I do. You are my best little guy, funny Hayes-monster, cutest schmoopy woopy baby boy...

but for the love everything on the planet...

PLEASE SLEEP!

During the nighttime hours...PLEASE SLEEP!

You are so tricky how you go to bed so easily and then BAM. Haha Mom, fooled you. Well you know what...

I PITY THE FOOL!!!

Not that I don't enjoy the added fitness bonus of going up and down the stairs thirty eleven times every night.

Or the mental challenge of trying to remember, after I leave your room, where I am currently sleeping.

Oh where oh where is my pillow?

Is it the guest room so the monitor doesn't keep Drew up all night when he has to wake up at 5?
Or is it the couch so I can have the monitor off but still hear you screaming "mommy" for hours on end.
Or is it the "otha one couch" (as you would say) which is closer to your room, but a little easier on the back.

We affectionally call you Hayes Van Winkle because of your record setting naps. But you my friend, are about to lose that name.

Hmmm, I am not sure that is a good negotiating point.

Try this...I will buy you a puppy. And a fire truck. And Lightening McQueen. Yes, THE Lightening MCQueen.

Oh and Happy birthday week. See you later for a birthday post.

P.S. For the 10 of you wondering, shortening or removing Van Winkle's nap does not seem to help the nighttime woes.

P.S.S. I know this is a pity pot post, but it's my blog. So there. Thbbbbbt.


No comments:

Post a Comment