Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Monkeycakes

Hey there, howdy.

So Hayesman has the flu. Poor dude. Yesterday morning we went to the Y for Body Combat (me) and Yoga (Lucy - tick, tock the little yoga clock). I had been there for just about an hour when the whiteboard beckoned.

For those non-Katy Y people, when Child Watch needs you they parade into your class or workout area with a white board saying for example, "Maggie for Hayes". When you see the dreaded white board your first thought is "please not me" and then if you see your name you are hoping the magic word "diaper" appears below it. Which means a quick diaper change and you are back in business.

Alas, there was no "diaper" on my white board, but rather a green shirt girl telling me Hayes had a 102 temp. Super. Off to the pedi we went where he tested positive for the flu. Double super. Lucy, tested negative and is still without fever. Please join me in a moment of prayer that she stays that way. No, for real. Bow your head. Drew and I leave town next Thursday for 10 days. 10 days. But that is a story for another time.

Yesterday and last night were pretty rough. He was so miserable. Lots of diaper changes (I'll spare you the details) and crying. Probably the worst was holding him as he shivered and whimpered. Today, he slept all morning and woke up a new guy. With the help of Tylenol and Motrin, his fever seems to be under control and he has started drinking his water. The only food he has asked for is Monkeycakes. Since they are BRAT friendly I was happy to oblige.

Every time I make them I am so thankful that my (awesome) friend Mandi shared this recipe with me. They are healthy, and delicious. Make them for your kiddo or yourself. The only requirement is that you say, "ooh ooh ah ah" before you take your first bite. Or if you're Hayes before most bites.

Recipe
1 egg
1/3 cup oats
1 banana

All of it in a blender and blend, blend, blend.
Pour directly from the blender onto a hot skillet or griddle.
Cook like pancakes.

You can add blueberries, strawberries or chocolate chips. Although I would stir those in after.

When I make this for my two hooligans I double it. Still works great.

That's all from Lysol central. Over and out!


No comments:

Post a Comment