Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Can I vent?

I love my son. I really do. He is sweet and snuggly and will eat anything I put in front of him (except raspberries) but he WILL NOT DRINK OUT OF A CUP.

Correction: He will sometimes drink out of certain cups IF I hold them up to his mouth. If I think I have a cup figured out, he will decide he doesn't like it anymore.

If I put the cup down in front of him he will scream, cry and yell. Then he will flop over on his face and continue the tantrum.

We went to the doctor for his 12 month check-up last Friday and the pedi told us that we shouldn't be using the bottle anymore. And if we have to use the bottle then it should be for only water. "Of course", I say dutifully. Fine by me, I cut Lucy off at a year and everything was fine. It is safe to say that Mr. Hayes does not agree with the new plan.

After a really long day of him crying, arching his back, and hitting cups away from his face, I gave up. The last 5 days we have been struggling with the cup and constantly worrying that he is going to get dehydrated and so tonight I fed him a bottle of milk.

Happy guy sucked it down. He looked so proud of himself.

I, on the other hand, was discouraged / frustrated and sucked down several bites of Ben & Jerry's Late Night Snack. and a cookie. ARRRRRGGGGGGGGH! I had been doing so well with the hiatus from sugar. Only a cookie on Valentine's Day and the occasional breath mint (which was more so I didn't offend Lucy's preschool teacher with my coffee breath than any kind of sugar craving).

I know, I know, tomorrow is another day. And I will go back to staying away from sugar until after the race on March 3. But tonight I am discouraged.

Okay, that's it.

Venting complete.

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment