Thursday, February 2, 2012

I'm Back and Sugar Free

at least I will be starting tomorrow.

I am back. The last few weeks have been...well, I don't know how to describe them. Most of you know that my dad died last Friday, January 27, after a 12-year battle with cancer. I will write about it, just not now. I'm not quite ready.

So instead I will write about my newest goal - to be sugar free for one month. Starting tomorrow, February 3 until I run The Woodlands Half Marathon on March 3 (It's sold out, folks) I will stay away from refined sugar. I am not talking about the sugar that natural occurs in foods, like fruit.

I am talking about cake, cookies, candy, ice cream, fro yo...wait a minute...my resolve is wavering. Don't take my fro yo! Why would you do that to me? Why do you hate me? Why? Why? Argh, the humanity.

Get it together Maggie.

It's only an iced cookie.
From Paulie's.
In the shape of a heart.
With sprinkles.

drool...

Snap out of it sister!

Please excuse the internal battle that just happened.

I am also going to steer clear of artificial sweeteners. Bye bye Splenda. Bye Bye Diet Coke.

I know that most of you think this is a bit nutty. I personally know 2 dietitians (who shall remain nameless, let's just say I am related to them by marriage) that might tell me "everything in moderation". But I am an all or nothing kind of gal. If Swedish Fish are at all on the table than they are ALL in my belly.

Why blog about it? Accountability, my people! Feel free to check in every once in a while to see how my quest is going.

I am excited to see how my body feels and see if it affects my running.

Special thanks to a former A&M classmate for blogging about her journey and inspiring me to take the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment