Thursday, December 29, 2011

"I was ru-ning" - Forrest Gump

Hello, my name is Maggie and I am addicted to running.

I haven't always been this way. Until Lucy was born, I had included running in my fitness routine because it got results, but I hated every minute of it. My favorite part of the run was taking off my running shoes at the end.

But then Lucy was born and my parents gave us a magnificent BOB jogging stroller.

It was orange.
It was expensive.
It was pressure.

Initially I ran, once again, for the results (and to not let their generous gift sit in the garage). But then a funny thing happened, I started to like it. It was a fitness routine I could do with her in tow. AND SHE LIKED IT!

Then I found some great friends who liked to run with their kids. We would run for about an hour 4 or 5 days a week and we would talk the whole time. Honestly. Our husbands would ask, "what do you talk about" and we would answer "you".

Together we decided to train for a half marathon. And then another. And then another. Sometime during all our training and all our talking, I fell in love with running. And guess what? I want YOU to love it too. Just ask my sisters-in-law or my former college roommate or my husband. I am a running pusher.

My next half marathon is The Woodlands Half on March 3rd. I am so excited that my sisters-in-law and Molly's husband are going to run it too! This will Anna's second race. We ran the Rock N' Roll St. Louis in March.

Our official training program started December 26th and we kicked it off with a run together.

You'll see this post again. I like to take this picture after every race.

See.
Rock N' Roll St. Louis - 23 October 2011

It's not too late to sign up!

The Woodlands Half Marathon - March 3.


Think of the new running clothes!
Think of the finisher's medal!
Think of the sense of accomplishment!

1 comment:

  1. Is it just me, or do I look like I'm shaking my fist at you?

    ReplyDelete